- 2017 NASW Alabama Conference
- About Us
- Legislative Affairs
- Student & Career Center
- Continuing Education
- Join Us
|Tim Deyerle Memorial Scholarship|
ALABAMA SOCIETY OF HEALTH CARE SOCIAL WORKERS
Tim Deyerle Memorial Scholarship
PURPOSE OF AWARD
The purpose of the award is to honor and support outstanding students who are committed to a career in health care social work.
DESCRIPTION OF AWARD
The recipients will receive a cash award of $1000 for MSW candidates and $500 for BSW candidates. Recipients will receive a free registration to the ASHCSW 2016 Annual Conference to be held in Orange Beach, AL on April 24-27, 2016. Recipients will receive a one year free membership for the 2016 calendar year.
One MSW candidate and one BSW student will be selected annually.
The award is to be used for the MSW internship and BSW practicum.
The award is open to any social work student in the state of Alabama who:
1. Is an MSW or BSW student enrolled in a CSWE accredited social work program.
2. Shows a commitment to a career in health care social work.
3. Is currently enrolled at the time of application; the BSW must have completed 30 hours in the BSW program.
4. As a BSW student, has a 3.0 GPA overall and a 3.25 in their major; as an MSW student has a 3.5 GPA.
5. Is a current member of ASHCSW.
1. Applications are due by October 31, 2015.
2. Applicants must submit three copies of the following:
a. Scholarship application form
b. A copy of their transcript
c. Three letters of recommendation
One from a social work instructor in their program
One from employment (any that applicant may have held) or volunteer work
One from a supervisor in any field experience applicant has had
d. A personal statement not to exceed 500 words describing one aspect of social work
practice in health care in which the student is interested, explaining what the student
believes to be his/her potential to make a unique contribution to that area of practice.
e. Proof of ASHCSW membership
3. Applications should be submitted to:
Alabama Society of Health Care Social Workers
c/o Tammy Dodson
Forest Manor, Inc.
2219 32nd Street
Northport, AL 35476
Applicants may email entire application as a PDF to:
Dr. Kimber Wickersham, LCSW/MPH/PIP
4. Applications will be reviewed by the Scholarship Committee of the ASHCSW, which is comprised of
the Chairman, one representative of a school of social work and other members of the board as needed. Recommendations will be made to the ASHCSW board for the vote with the school of social work representative abstaining from the vote. Notification of the award will be made by December 31, 2015.
It expected that the students who receive this award will:
A. Attend the ASHCSW Annual Conference for the award ceremony. (The actual check will be distributed no later than January 31, 2016, and the date of the 2016 Annual Conference is April 24-27, 2016 in Orange Beach, AL.)
B. Participate in ASHCSW activities if applicable.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS OCTOBER 31, 2015
4/21/2017Weigh in on NASW policy statements